Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dating Advice?

Ok so I met this guy. We completely hit it off. We have had 5 dates in 9 days. He was telling me how gorgeous, interesting, fun and smart I am. I thought the same. Obviously we have tons of chemistry since we've had so many dates. Then he got caught in a lie...he told me his engagement ended months ago, when really it was like 3-4 weeks ago. But he said it was practically over 4 mo. ago because she cheated. So he got caught. I forgave him, but now he called me clingy! Since he was the one inviting ME on so many dates I didn't think calling him once a day and text messaging occasionally was horrible. He said he needs time ( and I understand that) and can't make any committments. I never even asked for a committment! I just like hanging out with me and want to see what happens. I have put 0 pressure on the future of our relationship. Help me to not be 'clingy', even though I don't think I am. What should I do?Dating Advice?
It sounds to me like you are doing nothing wrong. I think he needs time to get over what has happened- I imagine it wouldn't be easy to move on from an engagement so soon. It sounds like now that he has been caught lying he is being defensive and accusing you of imaginary problems. I think if you really like this guy then give him some space and stick around a bit, but the most important thing is that you are happy, and it might be better to leave now then later- it wouldn't hurt for you to see other people if he can't make up his mind- it's not like you are both commited to each other.


Good luck and I am sure you will be fine either way because you sound like you are still a happy person with decent expectation.Dating Advice?
WoW five dates in nine days. Thats hardly enough time to get serious about anyone. Just try being his friend not his girl friend. Obviously he's hurting from his prior relationship if he was serious about marrying her and she cheated. I'm sure that put a damper on being real serious about someone else so quickly. Try to understand his state of mind right now verses letting yourself get serious about him. Don't let your feelings and emotions get so rapped up. I think your both going into the relationship with different motives. Sounds like you would like more than just a friendship and hes just looking for a friend.





Advice: have a platonic relationship untill you really get to know one another. What's the rush? Too many people rush into relationships, become sexually involved only to find out that had they just gotten to know the person long enough they could have determined that he or shes not the one with out having sex. Be smart. don't let your emotions rule you choices nor decisions.
ignore him for a while he will come running back
Play hard to get. Pretend you couldn't care less if you never hear from him again. Don't call him or text him. I bet he's thrown for quite a loop and comes knocking pretty quickly.
Give him his space. If it was meant to be it will happen.
your not clingy...he's insecure...
Back off a little. Take a break from him. You are not going to change his mind about the definition of 'clingy' or whether he 'should' feel that way or not, so whether or not you think you were doesn't really matter here. The other person's perception is just as valid as your own when your are talk about relationship dynamics. It takes both people to make it work. He seams to want a little less attention from you, this is not a good sign for a relationship. If you still want to have something with him, then you need to respect that. Give him the time and then see where you are.





Of course, the extra time away from him should also give you the chance to think about whether or not you really want to be around someone that does not want you as much as you want them.
you're not being clingy....he's messed up, he lied from the beginning....MOVE ON!
let him have his freedom for a while. of course, dont let him run off with ';others'; just take a step back and start again a little slower! :)
Don't use words like '; the future of our relationship'; around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment